When it comes to LED bedroom lighting ideas and trends in 2021, we often forgot to choose the light that matches the exciting bedding and furniture, along with picking a color scheme. That’s a shame because good lighting is a very important element of design in every room of the home. Don’t merely set a lamp beside your bed and call it done; use the following ideas to create a functional and beautiful lighting plan for your own bedroom.
Read through for our lighting tips, including:
- Choosing the right color temperature
- Layers of lighting – Ambient, Accent & Task lighting
- Basic light fixtures and where to use them
- How to choose the right bulb
- Choosing the best LED light fixtures
- Using dimmers or any lighting control system
These are the points that we have considered most representative as LED bedroom lighting ideas, but they are not the only ones, nor will they be. Normally, transitions are taking place throughout the year that will possibly be part of lighting trends.
Lighting for any room, including the bedroom, is best done using lighting layers.
- Ambient light (also called general light) serves the same function as natural sunlight, illuminating your entire room in light.
- Accent light highlights visual features you wish to showcase, such as artwork, paintings, or even feature walls.
- Task lighting is a more focused type of lighting that makes working on laptops/desktops, reading, writing, sewing, or any other tasks
The most effective lighting plans incorporate all three types of lights to meet the needs of those using the room. As your build your layers of light, remember that bedroom lighting should create a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere using soft, flattering ambient light while providing bright spots in the places where they are needed.
Of all the rooms in your home, your bedroom is probably the only one you spend time in when it’s completely dark, completely bright, and completely somewhere in between. So, getting your bedroom lighting ideas is just right essential to making it a comfortable place to rest your head at night, rise and shine each morning, and go about your day.
5 Master Tips For Modern LED Bedroom Lighting ideas in 2021 ;
1. Develop a modern bedroom lighting plan
Start with a furniture floor plan and measure everything out, down to where the plugs go. If there’s art on the wall, we install ceiling spotlights, set two feet in from the wall if it’s a standard eight-foot ceiling, or farther in if the ceiling is taller. You want the light to hit at eye level, where artwork hangs. If we use a pendant or a semi-flush ceiling fixture, it’s usually centered in the room, often over the bed.
So, we try not to hang it too low—typically eight to 12 inches from the ceiling, use fairly large fixtures—my philosophy is that fewer, larger elements in modern design make a larger impact. Don’t use many small or standardized sizes. To me, they seem to lay flat or look like tchotchkes. Prefer things with presence and size and scale.
2. Lighting for all purposes
Nowadays, many bedrooms are more than just places to sleep—they’re also places to work, read, and spend family time. Lighting help accommodates all these activities in a single room. The key is creating flexibility, and the ability to control light levels, so if someone wants to sleep and someone wants to work, you can accommodate that. Instead of one big overhead light, use different lighting in each area.
At a desk, use task lights as well as a couple of overhead pins to illuminate the whole space; that way you have options is one of the most basics to start with bedroom lighting ideas.
3. Incorporate modern lighting into a more traditional bedroom?
Modern lighting ideas is all about the mix. You have two options: Either pick one big statement piece—a contemporary fixture in the center of a room that has scale and presence and is clearly an anomaly, the thing that breaks the rule. Or, introduce several modern fixtures, to create a rhythm and train the eye that it’s an intentional move to introduce this new design language, and not a mistake or lonely leftover.
While considering the LED bedroom lighting ideas, the Natural materials work best, those with texture and irregularity such as woods, alabaster, natural stones, metals with patina, and linen.
4. MAKE SURE THE LIGHT FIXTURES YOU CHOSE ARE MATCHING THE STYLE OF THE BEDROOM
Next, it’s time to get personal and consider the style of your bedroom. Light fixtures are available in an almost endless range of sizes, styles, and prices. Do you prefer traditional styles or more modern touches?
Do you like a mix of both? You may decide to install recessed lights, a good choice for ambient lighting in any room; on the other hand, a single flush-mount fixture or chandelier may be more your style.
Read about bedroom lighting fixtures in our detailed blog on
5. avoid overhead lights when lighting a bedroom?
Installing only overhead cans—or too many—is a common mistake. It flattens everything out, there’s no dimension, and it’s unflattering—you look older and more saggy.
Read our other blogs too: Click here
FAQs about bedroom lighting
How do I make my bedroom lighting right?
2. Choose the right color temperature, the Warm white color is best for family rooms, bedrooms, providing a traditional warm, cozy feel to them or any room that requires an intimate and personal mood. Consider using Neutral light (4000K) for task lights.
3. Use layers of lighting such as downlight as ambient lights, Pendant lights as accent lights, and consider using floor lamps or table lamps if you need task lights.
4. Consider using decorative pendant light or chandeliers as feature light to match the ambiance of the room, which gives a personality to space.
5. Install dimmer switches to adjust the brightness, and maybe a DALI lighting system to group the lights for turn on, dimming, and wireless light control system.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pingback: HOW TO START GUEST BLOGGING WITH NORTHERNCULT | NorthernCult
Pingback: 2021 - HOME LIGHTING BLOG - IDEAS & TIPS %
Comments are closed.